Monday, December 1, 2008

College Literature

Well; so far on our college literature trail we have covered many interesting stories. I guess I really don't have a point to this blog--I'm just going to start babbling..


Ha! So far we have covered quite a bit in this class and we are now nearing mid-term! Holy cow.. how time flies. It's really frightening to think that we are almost half-way done with high school, (Well.. many of us anyway). This class has definitely opened my eyes to new short stories and now a new book that I definitely wouldn't have picked up on my own. Surprisingly I've enjoyed almost every story we've read. Almost Every..mainly referring to Bartleby! Well; I have been pretty harsh on poor Bartleby, the problem with the story personally was that it was extremely hard to get into early on, and because of that; I just didn't have the patience for it. And the fact that the musical was at its high point and I was extremely busy to give it a chance! Maybe I would have liked it; but I guess I'll only find out if I decide to take it out again.. hahahaha... ehhh..


Anyway; about leaving.. This class has definitely given me the right perspective of a college literature class. I'm sure professors in college will not be as leanient about deadlines and what have you; but overall I think it may be a fair comparison. Aside from Mr. Kunkle randomly checking to see if we've been annotating what we have to read, the class itself has been pretty laid-back and student led. I've never really had the chance to analyze pieces of writing to this extent so i've really enjoyed it. I have to say it's only been a couple times where I've been dragging myself to class..but that was mostly during the musical/Bartleby.

Hmm.. Ehh Well I guess I just had to reflect since it's mid-term and all; and I also need two blogs for tomorrow =)

Peace Out!!

2 comments:

Winnie K said...

I cant believe that we are half way through our senior year already. AAAHHHH!!!!! Soon we will all be going our separate ways, but not yet.

This class has been pretty fun for me. The discussions have been the best part for me. I like the way that some random thing you say can actually turn out to be the theme.
There were sometimes when I wasn't really feeling it. Especially during Metamorphis and Bartleby.
I certainly hope that our mid term wont be that hard.

Mr. Kunkle said...

Thanks for the stream-of-conscious response to the first half of the class, Alyssa. Even though I knew nobody would like it, I was still a bit disappointed that "Bartleby" was such a dud. Oh well, someday someone will get my tastes...

Enjoy the last half year-- it'll go fast.